CCTS 40004: Advanced Clinical Pharmacology I: Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Development (Autumn)
This course provides an interactive introduction to fundamental principles of the practice of clinical pharmacology relevant to drug development and personalized therapeutics. Topics include: pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism, protein binding, absorption and renal and hepatic elimination, pharmacodynamics, introduction to modeling methods, evaluation of adverse events, and pre-clinical and clinical elements of drug development.
CCTS 40005: Clinical Therapeutics Seminar Series (Year Round)
This weekly seminar series joins faculty and trainees in intellectual discourse across Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics and is comprised of journal clubs, research-in-progress, guest lecturers from the University and outside, and teaching in clinical therapeutics.
Essentials of Patient-Oriented Research (Autumn, Winter, Spring)
This three-part course is designed to provide trainees in clinical science with fundamental education for conducting safe and ethical human-subject investigations. This course comprises a series of integrated weekly lectures exploring specific topics of patient-oriented research throughout the academic year. Lectures focus on methods for planning, funding, conducting, and reporting clinical research.
MEDC 77700: Advanced Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (Winter)
Trainees teach and participate in this popular elective. This is the annual fourth-year medical student course that re-introduces basic concepts of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics to medical students after they’ve completed clerkships and decided on their career specialty interests. Trainees direct the students on cases that will improve understanding and management of problems in medicine and therapeutics.
Other Recommended Courses (not required)
- BIOS 22247: Principles of Pharmacology
- CCTS 44000: Professors Seminar Series on Clinical Trials
- HGEN 46900: Humang Genetics II: Human Variation and Disease
- HGEN 47100: Human Genetics III: Introductory Statistical Genetics
- HGEN 47300: Genomics and Systems Biology
- HSTD 30700: Clinical Epidemiology
- HSTD 32100: Introduction to Biostatistics
- HSTD 32700: Biostatistical Methods
- HSTD 32907: Introduction to Clinical Trials
- ISTP 30440: Systems Biology & Disease Journal Club
- MEDC 30777: Pharmacology
- CERTs Summer Program in Outcomes Research Training (SPORT)
- CHeSS Health Economics Workshop
- Clinical Trials Review Committee (CTRC)
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee (P&T)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (ASCPT) Annual Meeting
This required meeting provides trainees a forum to present their research and also provides additional broad exposure to the field and investigators.
The training program supports membership, registration and travel to the annual meeting. Trainees in their 2nd year are required to submit an abstract; 1st years are encouraged.